Emergency Dentist Serving Federal Way Residents
Are you experiencing a dental emergency? Don’t delay seeking treatment. There’s no time to waste when you have a knocked-out tooth, a broken tooth, a severe toothache, or anything else you think may require urgent care. Dr. Beaty is your emergency dentist in Federal Way, WA. Call our office and we’ll always do our best to say “yes” to getting you in to see the doctor right away. You deserve better than to be left waiting in pain.
In the meantime, here’s what you can do to increase the chances of a quick recovery following the most common dental emergencies.
- Knocked-out tooth: Collect the tooth and rinse away any debris. Place the tooth back into its original socket or a bag of milk if the former is not possible. Do not handle the tooth by its root.
- Broken tooth: Collect the larger pieces for possible reattachment.
- Broken filling, crown, or bridge: Collect the missing pieces and call your dentist immediately. Sometimes broken dental work can temporarily be held in place with denture adhesive or toothpaste.
- Children’s toothache: Help them floss and rinse. Toothaches in children are frequently caused by a food particle lodged between the teeth.
- Bleeding: Apply constant pressure with a clean gauze or cloth. If bleeding persists after 10 minutes, head to the emergency room.
- Pain: Take an over-the-counter pain medication as directed until you can reach your dentist’s office.
- Swelling: Apply an ice pack to the affected area in 10 minute intervals.
Patients in Auburn, Seattle, Tacoma, and Lakeland South are welcome to come to Dr. Beaty’s office in a dental emergency, where we say yes to same-day dental care when you need it most. Contact us as soon as your next urgent situation pops up and we’ll have you on your way to enjoying a healthy, whole smile as soon as possible.